- Today, is our second child's graduation from college. Moments like these are joyous and sad. Joyous because it's an achievement for her and for us; she did the hard work of completing the course work, staying the course, overcoming hurdles and keeping the end goal in sight. We were on the sidelines providing support in all forms and sometimes that seemed just as hard.
- Children are a blessing, but what our children are dealing with nowadays sometimes baffles my brain. They are called the Me Generation, which is described in this article. They are more self assured in their early 20s than I was at that age. They know what they want, and go after it. To us older folks this can come across as selfish, being entitled or being well grounded.
- Raising children with morals, values and principles, or as I like to call it Biblically, never goes out of style. But as a parent - you feel more battle weary. That's the devil trying to wear you down and he will use anything to do so even those closest to you.
- When you feel battle weary - take time to replenish. Replenish yourself so that you can be stronger in your relationships.
- I replenish by being up early and communing with God - sometimes I don't know what I'm saying but just to sit still with a cup of tea, God's Word and an expectant heart is sometimes miraculous.
- I also replenish by shoe shopping!
- I'm prepared for the celebration of another milestone; I'm sure I'll shed a tear or two and my husband and I will look at each other with a nod and that knowing look. We're getting it done with God's help.
- There's a bigger message than achievement and that is, God is in control in every facet of life and this is who we rely on. Without Him today would not be possible. I hope this message is not lost on the Me Generation.
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. Psalm 119:9
I'll be back with pictures.